Macon Industries is a leader in hard rock exploration and gold mining equipment manufacturing in Canada. We help successful miners scale with expanding lines of top quality equipment that is custom fabricated, delivered on time and supported by a world class team.
Macon Industries is a values driven organization built on quality, dependability and constant and never ending improvement. We seek highly motivated teammates that are self driven to provide the highest quality of products and service worldwide. Our shops and facilities are fast paced, results oriented and growing.
We invite performance oriented individuals looking to make a commitment to a supportive and dedicated team, to connect with us to see if we might be a good fit.
- Competitive wages based on experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive group benefits package
- Inclusion in the Company’s matching RRSP after 1 Year
- Training and development opportunities
- A team atmosphere
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for Visualizing concepts, designing products, reading and interpreting blueprints, and Developing detailed shop drawings. This role requires an industrial background, high level of attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Use Computer-aided design (CAD) – Solidworks
- Use CNC programming software to create steel processing nests
- Sketch and draw up designs using input from engineers and team members
- Use customer feedback and data to upgrade and improve existing machines
- Provide support during the build and installation process, ensure projects are built properly and according to design specifications
- Finalize designs and create production packages for the fabrication team
- Ability to satisfy all job-related responsibilities as described above
- Experience in an engineering role or related industrial experience
- Hydraulics and electrical comprehension
- Solidworks experience
- Time management skills
- Self-motivated attitude and the ability to use initiative
- Comprehend and follow written and spoken directions and work in a safe & efficient manner.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in the English language.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude.
- Reliable transportation for getting to and from work
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
To apply, please send us your resume by filling in the information below.