Macon Industries is a leader in hard rock exploration and gold mining equipment manufacturing in Canada. We help successful miners scale with expanding lines of top quality equipment that is custom fabricated, delivered on time and supported by a world class team.
Macon Industries is a values driven organization built on quality, dependability and constant and never ending improvement. We seek highly motivated teammates that are self driven to provide the highest quality of products and service worldwide. Our shops and facilities are fast paced, results oriented and growing.
We invite performance oriented individuals looking to make a commitment to a supportive and dedicated team, to connect with us to see if we might be a good fit.
Mechanic’s Helper – Full time with immediate selection and onboarding available
Location: Parksville, British Columbia, Canada
The Mechanic’s Helper assists with the assembly of mining and drilling equipment. They will follow and assist with each project from start to finish. We require them to act in a professional and safe manner at all times and pay attention to quality of detail.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Willing to take on other tasks in between duties
- Assist with assembly of mining and drilling equipment
- Willing to travel occasionally
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease down-times, and streamline work processes
- Performs daily safety and maintenance checks
- Practices workplace safety
- Other duties as required
- Mechanical background and comfortable working with power tools
- Motivated self-starter and able to take initiative in the workplace
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in the English language.
- Ability to work in a team environment or individually with a positive attitude.
- Valid Driver’s License with Clean Drivers Abstract
- Reliable transportation for getting to and from work
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive wages based on experience and qualifications
- Comprehensive group benefits package
- Inclusion in the Company’s matching RRSP after 1 Year
- Training and development opportunities
- A team atmosphere
To apply, please send us your resume by filling in the information below.